The F.R.S.-FNRS and the Fonds de recherche du Québec have developed a Bilateral Research Programme with the aim of creating leverage for scientific excellence and leading researchers from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation and Quebec to develop innovative joint research projects. After calls in 2016 and 2018, the F.R.S.-FNRS and the FRQ are preparing to launch a new call, in two stages, in the summer of 2021:
- Opening 1st stage: August 2, 2021
- Closing 1st stage: September 28, 2021
- Scientific Committee 1st stage: mid-November 2021
- Opening of the 2nd stage (by invitation): December 2021
- Closing of the 2nd stage: mid-February 2022
- Remote international peer review: April 2022
- Scientific Committee: May 2022
- Announcement of results: end of June-beginning of July 2022
- Start of funding: September 2022
Terms and conditions of the upcoming call:
- Rules for the 2021 call.
- PINT-BILAT-P regulations
- Submission of the FRQ electronic portfolio application by the Quebec Principal Investigator (only one form per team)
- Submission of an administrative application by the promoter of the Walloon Federation-Brussels on the e-space platform. The deadline for the registration and submission of this application is 5 working days after the closing of the call, i.e. October 5, 2021 at 2:00 PM. As part of this submission, it is requested to attach the pre-proposal file, as filed on the FRQS e-Portfolio.
The F.R.S.-FNRS and the FRQ should fund 6 joint research projects in the upcoming call.
Amount of the grant:
F.R.S.-FNRS: up to a maximum of € 75,000 per year over 3 years
FRQ: up to a maximum of $CA 100,000 per year over 3 years