Regulatory documents and useful information for FNRS researcher
- Financial and social provisions
- Evaluation procedure
- The European Charter for Researchers
- Open Access Regulation
- Quote and reference the F.R.S.-FNRS
- Form "LECTURERSHIP EXERCISED OUTSIDE THE FRENCH COMMUNITY OF BELGIUM (FCB) & WORK OF EXPERTISE"
- Implementation of the Framework Convention on the assignment of F.R.S.-FNRS researchers to European research projects: administrative protocol
- Reprographic rights: ASSUCOPIE
- Declaration of dependent child(ren)
- Changes to civil status, dependent family, residence and bank account
Any changes must be registered as soon as possible on e-space (login via username and password: do not forget to click on “Validate my data”).
- Accidents at work or on the way to work
The health service of the institution where the holder carries out his research must be notified.
- Travel expenses request: bicycle - FNRS ; FRIA ; FRESH
Insurance for business trips abroad (AIG)
Amounts of grants and salaries
Before the doctorate (PhD): grants
Grants are subject to social security but tax free.
Annual gross amount of the Research Fellow grant on 1 October 2018
- Initial grant: € 27,290.64
- Renewal grant: € 28,586.88
Annual gross amount of the FRIA and FRESH grants on 1 January 2019
- First grant: € 26,633.28
- Second grant: € 27,029.64
Post-doctorate (PhD): salaries
The salary is linked to fluctuations in the general salary index applicable to public service employees of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
The index on 1 October 2018 is 1.7069.
Postdoctoral researcher: (scale 11/6)
- Basis of the non-indexed annual scale: € 29,358.99
- 3 annual gross non-indexed amounts of € 624.26
- 9 biennial gross non-indexed amounts of € 1,092.43
Research associate (scale 13/2)
- Basis of the annual non indexed scale: € 30,206.32
- 11 biennial gross non indexed amounts of € 1,293.05
Senior research associate (scale 14/1)
- Basis of the annual non indexed scale: € 30,696.78
- 14 biennial gross non indexed amounts of € 1,337.69
Research director (scale of Lecturer)
- Basis of the annual non indexed scale: € 34,560.95
- 8 triennial gross non indexed amounts of € 2,452.40
The level taken into consideration when entering the scale is the amount immediately above that obtained in the scale of the Senior Research Associate, and the ranking for obtaining triennial increases is set to 1 January following the appointment.