Regulatory documents and useful information for FNRS researcher
- Evaluation procedure (only in FR)
- The European Charter for Researchers
- Open Access Regulation
- Quote and reference the F.R.S.-FNRS (only in FR)
- Form "LECTURERSHIP EXERCISED OUTSIDE THE FRENCH COMMUNITY OF BELGIUM (FCB) & WORK OF EXPERTISE" 2023-2024 (only in FR)
- International or external programs/projects (non-FNRS): allocation of funding for FNRS permanent mandatories
- Declaration of dependent child(ren) (only in FR)
- End of career" time credits - Permanent researchers (only in FR)
- Changes to civil status, dependent family, residence and bank account
Any changes must be registered as soon as possible on e-space (login via username and password: do not forget to click on “Validate my data”).
- Accidents at work or on the way to work
The health service of the institution where the holder carries out his research must be notified.
- Travel expenses request: bicycle - FNRS ; FRIA ; FRESH (only in FR)
Insurance for business trips abroad (AIG)
Amounts of grants and salaries
Before the doctorate (PhD): grants
Grants are subject to social security but tax free and follow the indexation of salaries.
Annual gross amount of the Research Fellow grant on 1st January 2023
- Initial grant: € 31.962,96
- Renewal grant: € 33.481,20
Annual gross amount of the FRIA and FRESH grants on 1st January 2023
- First grant: € 31.962,96
- Second grant: € 33.481,20
Post-doctorate (PhD): salaries
The salary is linked to fluctuations in the general salary index applicable to public service employees of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
The index on 1st January 2023 is 1.9999.
Postdoctoral researcher: (scale 11/6)
- Basis of the non-indexed annual scale: € 29,358.99
- 3 annual gross non-indexed amounts of € 624.26
- 9 biennial gross non-indexed amounts of € 1,092.43
Research associate (scale 13/2)
- Basis of the annual non indexed scale: € 30,206.32
- 11 biennial gross non indexed amounts of € 1,293.05
Senior research associate (scale 14/1)
- Basis of the annual non indexed scale: € 30,696.78
- 14 biennial gross non indexed amounts of € 1,337.69
Research director (scale of Lecturer)
- Basis of the annual non indexed scale: € 34,560.95
- 8 triennial gross non indexed amounts of € 2,452.40
The level taken into consideration when entering the scale is the amount immediately above that obtained in the scale of the Senior Research Associate, and the ranking for obtaining triennial increases is set to 1 January following the appointment.