The FRFS-FNRS and the WEL Research Institute a.s.b.l. announce the opening on December 15th of the first “WEL-T Investigator Programme” call, funded by the Walloon region, for strategic research of excellence in engineering, chemistry and physics with a view to developing breakthrough innovations for industrial applications aimed at sustainable transition.
This programme is open to researchers from the universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation who are
- either established (Advanced grants, max. €350,000/year)
- or at the beginning of their career (Starting grants, max. €200,000/year).
An information webinar is organised on December 9th, 2022 at 12 PM
(link to register: click here).
Context of the call:
WEL-T (Walloon ExceLlence in Technology) is a strategic axis of the FRFS (Fonds de la Recherche Fondamentale Stratégique, specialized fund of the FNRS) and a department of the WEL Research Institute. Through the “WEL-T Investigator Programme” call, Wallonia grants significant resources over several years to WEL-T Investigators in support to ambitious research programmes that pave the road to new scientific breakthroughs. These programmes constitute a pillar of the WEL-T Investigators' laboratory and are flexible, allowing adaptation of the research scope over time as needed. WEL-T Investigators must demonstrate a combination of scientific excellence, an awareness of unmet sustainable transition needs in their field, and a willingness to seek opportunities for application of their discoveries.
- Info webinar: 9 December 2022
- Opening of the call: 15 December 2022
- Deadline for PI’s electronic validation: 9 February 2023
- Evaluation process : March 2023 – June 2023
- Communication of the funding decision: End of June 2023
- Start of the programmes: 1st of October 2023
Rules, mini-guide and Scientific Commission :
- WEL-T INVESTIGATOR PROGRAMME 2022 Regulations
- WEL-T INVESTIGATOR PROGRAMME 2022 Mini-guide
- WEL-T Scientific Commission 2022