A contact group, which may be disciplinary or interdisciplinary, allows a group of researchers to meet at regular intervals during seminars. The aim is to promote contact and to expedite the exchange of information and discussions between Belgian and foreign specialists working in the same scientific field or in different fields linked by the use of the same technique or multidisciplinary equipment.
- Purpose: contact groups meet completely independently. To a limited extent, the F.R.S.-FNRS bears certain expenses incurred by two meetings a year:
- contribution to travel expenses for researchers from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation,
- reimbursement of travel and board and lodging expenses of one or more foreign guest(s),
- reimbursement of some administrative costs incurred for organising the meeting and secretarial services.
- Request for creation of a group: to be submitted by e-mail, specifying the purpose of the group, its name, as well as the names of the President and the Secretary. A list of persons interested in the creation of the group must be appended to the request, mentioning their function and stating the fixed-term or indeterminate nature of their status within the institution; it can include academic and scientific figures from outside the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Announcement of a meeting: this must be done beforehand, by e-mail, specifying the location(s) and date(s)
- Documents: regulations (only in FR) / dispositions jurisprudentielles