The mobility instruments of the FNRS allow a researcher of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to travel abroad under certain conditions during his/her contract (mobility OUT), or foreign researchers to make stays of limited duration in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation (mobility IN).
The regulation and the forms can be downloaded below. The latter must be sent back to the FNRS within the time indicated.
Every two years, the Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Foundation and the Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique – FNRS award the Alexander von Humboldt Prize to two scientists, one from a university of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation and the other to a German. This Prize recognises exclusively leading researchers of international renown for their published scientific work. At the same time, this Prize aims to promote scientific cooperation between Germany and the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. The Prize allows the German winners and those of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to carry out the research work of their choice over a long period with scientific institutes in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation and Germany respectively.
- Deadline: 01.03.2019 (introduction de candidature par le Rectorat)
- Periodicity: biennial (period 2019-2020 and 2020-2021)
- Theme: internationally recognised research work in any branch of Science
- Nominees: Germany, highly qualified researcher
- Award: between € 13,000 and € 39,000 for a stay in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation of between 3 months and 1 year.
- Documents: regulations (only in FR)
Agreement with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) - The partnership aims at granting short or long term scholarships or fellowships for master or doctoral degree holders. The selection is annual.
JSPS postdoctoral fellowship for foreign researchers
- Persons concerned: highly qualified post-doctoral researchers of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation
- Purpose: under the scientific agreement concluded between the Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique - FNRS and the JSPS (Japan), the JSPS awards grants for a period of 1 to 2 years for research activities under the guidance of a Japanese coordinator.
- Useful documents: Application Guidelines, Application Form, Instructions for the FY2023 Application Form, Host institutions
- Deadline for submission of requests to the F.R.S.-FNRS: 2 May 2023
- Useful information: http://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-fellow/long_list.html